Thursday, October 8, 2009

Waiting For a Better Future

99,467 items / 602,602 views

This is the most touching moment I have ever experienced in my life and it would be incomplete if I dd not mention it to all of you, once the rally was over , Rahebar Khan Raja the Independent candiadate who grew up in this building under the guidance of these elders had left, ..the lady in the saree kept a garland in her hand , than she beckoned me and like a mother to a son put the garland round my neck,I was shocked because I dont deserve such a floral compliment..
She said only a few words Beta Tum Bhi Hamare Raja ke Jaise Ho..She had seen me shooting pictures of the rally ..{and here I must mention media presence was totally missing.Who will showcase the most important process called franchise..}
Son you are like our Raja she said to me , Raja or Rahebar Khan the person who is standing for elections as a candidate , I took this shot..this is humility that reaches the human heart like an arrow..and I need not mention she is the Hindu resident of the building where Raja grew up before he entered politics and is the sitting Corporator of this area.
That he has taken on the might of Baba Siddiki and Ashish Shelar speaks volumes of his determination to succeed , and his rally I am told was the largest ever , it covered most of Bandra Khar Santa Cruz.

And whatever our religion our faith we must elect a good man so his goodness is spread around..Who wins is in the voters hand , even God takes a back seat at Election time...
So come out in great numbers and vote for a responsible candidate on 13 October.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube