Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A Grand Father Reflects

99,268 items / 600,764 views

This was shot an year back during the Nikah of my son Saif Shakir, the monsoonal showers lashing the soul of Mumbai have made me nostalgic..time has passed and Marziya grows older and wiser.. today she was with me for a political rally of Independent candidate Rahebar Khan , and did not hesitate to shoot him in the rains..

I had long hair but had decided to cut it off after Moharam..the blood stains on my artificial blond hair looked weird..I cut my head twice an year once during Ashura and again during Chehlum..40 day of Moharam.

I had also planned to pierce my cheeks with an 18 feet rod during the Maryamma Feast at Mahim but kept it for next year ..if Glenn Losack is around to shoot me..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube