Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Lighting The Path Durga Ma

The halogen lights are used to dry the idol of Goddess Durga Ma , time is short and the rains have not been too favorable..decorating the Goddess is the toughest task , minute details go into play..and though the Bandra workshops are not as large as the Lalbagh ones yet you cant miss the grander here..

I was asleep this afternoon , and saw the form of a Goddess in my dreams , when I opened my eyes I saw my grand daughter Marziya , so I took her along with me and the humility of my camera.. to shoot this short series and share it with all of you..

I am enamored by both Lord Ganesha and Durga Ma I have always been at their call, I ask nothing from them , as my Faith provides for me.I shoot these gods and goddesses to bring home to you the aura the ethos of the people of Amchi Mumbai ..

I am deeply touched by people who touch my feet to thank me for giving them instant darshan .All religiosity in spite of the unanimous diversity ..speak of the truthfulness of binding humanity.How can you ever be religious if you are not human at all..a God that is appeased by killing other human beings is not the God I follow or will ever follow.

And because God is human and forgiving he expects humanity to follow the humility of his godliness too.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube