Monday, August 10, 2009

Girish Mistry - Unraveling the Mystery of Light

www.shariacademy.com/

I shot pictures at Ganesh Gully and took a short bus trip to come to the other end , I walked barefeet to reach Prabhadevi to see the works of Girish Mistrys students..Luxoculus 2009...

Girish and I go a long way back, he too is one of my Photo Gurus , the best of contemporary times.I made Girish Mistrys wedding clothes in 4 hours , as he had decided to get married and wanted a photographer cum tailor do his clothes.

This was the fastest I had done anyone's marriage clothes I rushed in time with the dress , as the Pandit kept saying , muhrat ka samay ja raha hai,ladke aur unke kapdon ko jaldi bulao...

So this is the crux of our relationship.. Girish me and his wedding clothes..

I attended just a single workshop of Girish on Light and that is it, it struck me like a bolt.. I was ready to shoot the streets of pain.

Girishes students are very brave and the best street photographers , creative and fine art too.

His wife too is a very dynamic photographer ..I can never spell her name right so I shall call her Mrs Girish Mistry..they have one son..who reflects light wherever he goes.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube