Friday, August 28, 2009

Appu and Me

There was nobody around that looked the type who would shoot me and Appu, this was shot by a coconut vendor, I told him to take two frames just in case..

He has never held a camera in his hand but he is as fond of Appu as you and me..I did tell him you were coming to Mumbai in Dec or Jan.. that pleased him a lot..

So Glenn finding Appu at Mahim was a great moment of joy.. and these pictures are all dedicated to you..they ae all shot rapidly without composing or without coming close, Appu has a handler who felt that I was being a nuisance - rightly so, this is business hours for Appu The handler was not rude but pragmatic as a large crowd makes traffic snarls and then the cops come in and he might lose this space , begging space tooo comes at a premium at St Michael Church Mahim, they have to pay hafta or protection money to the local goon as well as the system.

Its the first time Appu told me he was an Assamese .. dont broach him with questions I dont ask him personal details but somebody should do a documentary on him..and pay him too..

Money is important to Appu..he has sisters and a family a mother too.

So Appu is a Muslim trying to touch the Soul of Jesus Christ at St Micheal Church, he does touch the good people that come here for Novena on Wednesday.

And Appu was fasting to like a good Muslim..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube