Thursday, July 9, 2009

Me at the Mehfil on eve of Chatti

The Mehfil on the Terrace of Peersaabs house was to commemorate the eve of Chatti.. a very important day for the Sabri Sufi sect..paying allegiance to the Holy Saint Khwajah Gharib Nawaz Moinuddin Chishty al Sabri.

As I was leaving the following morning , this was the eve of my departure from Ajmer Sgarif, I was to catch the Aravalli Express at 11 am, I had come to Ajmer bare feet, I had stopped all my insulin intake and diabetic medicine, I had raw fresh wounds on my feet.

I shot this event and the highlight was the dancing dervesh of Ajmer , whirling kaif that they performed on the beats of the qawwals..I went into kaif too..

I aborted this segment to go and get my tired feet massaged at Moti Katla and shot the hijras and the rafaees ..I shot 3 cards of 4 GB each..in this short while.

I had arrived on 28 June 2009. 8 pm . and left Ajmer on 30 June 2009 11 am.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube