Sunday, July 26, 2009

3 Shaban Wiladat Imam Hussain

Perhaps I was missing my grand daughter Marziya Shakir who left for Lucknow this evening, perhaps I wanted to bond with my Shia brethren, that I went to the Bandra Shia Khoja Mosque to take part in the Jashn of Wiladat Imam Hussain.

3 Shaban is the birthday of Hazrat Imam Hussain the Martyred Grandson of the Holy Messenger of Islam.

This is a very auspicious day for the Shias all over the world..and the lovers of Imam Hussain..and there was a short discourse on the beloved Imam, by Maulana Ali Mehdi..who recited some lofty lines in praise of this noble soul we also call Hussain is Humanity..Ali Mehndi Saab stressed there is two type of Islam , the Hussaini Islam and the Yazidi Islam, one that respects life and the other that takes life in the name of Misplaced Martyrdom...

After the short discourse it was the turn of the Urdu poets to recite their shairis in praise of Imam Hussain..I shot several pictures , but left early without partaking off the niyaz as my camera battery was very low and so were my spirits..I am not keeping too well..because of my diabetes.

So this is a new set at my Flickr photostream, I met Raju Shresta son of Yusuf Bhaijan also known as Yusuf Ajani who died recently..Raju came home after the Jashn , to read my Flickr posts on his father, he and I , both had tears in our eyes , as we remembered this selfless soul, a foot soldier of our Shia faith, a great human being..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube