Monday, May 11, 2009

They Shoot Photographers Dont They ?

This is one of my favorite pictures it reads my thoughts, it reads my pain as a father as a grandfather as a poet as a photographer and as an incorrigible photo blogger..

It shoots me , no it shot me when I took this sitting in the comfort of my auto rickshah..at Bandra'sTurner Road Traffic Signal where many of life's stories of beggar kids, hijras unfold..

This picture is my reply to good friend Jeff and Leyla..

He posted this comment with reference to my post Curse of the Flickr Comment Box..

"thank you firoze, you have had me thinking all week about the freedom of speech, do not be bothered but those who would spew hate, it is not a part of the freedom to speak,
freedom of speech comes w/ responsibilities....

the freedom to photograph comes simply w/ the purpose to witness
so i say to keep at it!

peace and love- "


you meet them
when you are going up
or coming down
life's stairway
with the pain
of living
they shoot you
before a few coins
you pay
to redeem their sorrow
or to get a nice house in heaven
some say
these are children of a lesser man
they were never born to play
begging for hope
begging for peace
begging for love
in every way
strangely it is to god
man offers his booty
everyday
floral tributes sweets
gold silver diamonds
as a prayer
to a god made of metal
feet made of clay
but to street children
empty pockets
empty heart betray
yes it is man
that seeing a poor mans child
looks the other way
through our pictures
through our cameras
third eye
to the underprivileged
a thought we repay

74,828 photo blogs / 387,422 views
at Flickr on display
comment defecation
on a toilet seat of knowledge
by minds led astray
hate the cause of mankind's decay
motherless children on mothers day

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube