Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Marziya and the Whippers

The whippers is a community I shoot as fervently as I shoot the hijras, I met both of them near the Bazar and called them close to my shop, I told them I would pay them, I gave them Rs 10..They took it without a grouse but were excited by the photography.
Marziya was seeing them for the first time and I did not ask them to whip themselves , a huge crowd collects..but I would have got some great pictures.
These were the best whippers I have ever met, friendly congenial..curious.
They were happy with what I gave them, without demanding a pound of flesh.
Sometimes it is difficult to convince people I should pictures not to make money, they think I am crazy..
But what really gets me on my goat I see many whipper kids near my area and my camera is at home, and these guys are on the move..most of this happens when I am expecting a client at my shop..I cant be measuring people and shooting whippers atthe same time..
I had posted my best pictures and stories at Now Public..and the whippers is one of my best narratives of street pain, whipping the body to keep the soul alive..luckily I dont need the highlight tool to highlight this..luckily I have no racist editorial constrains..
I am my own editor..Fuck Culture..
I know this sounds Strange if you are searching only for newsworthiness through another mans journalistic effort that you will be soon sodomizing with your thoughts ..makes me wonder ..
I think a Photo Blog holds the answer to a key of street wisdom..a pearl in an oyster of Ignorance..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube