Monday, January 14, 2008

Marziya My Muse


Marziya My Muse
Originally uploaded by firoze shakir photographerno1

Marziya Shakir was born on Nov 24 2007 at Holy Family Hospital Bandra.
She is my eldest son Asif Shakir and his wife Arizah Shakirs first child.
She was born fragile vulnerable but she crossed the hurdles an entangled umbillical cord to safely touch base.
Marziya Shakir is our first grandchild and the first grandchild of the Shakirs and her matrnal connection the Hussains of Kazmain Lucknow.
I have shot her pictures at the hospital and than began the shooting of her pictures at home, I must have shot close to a 1000 pictures.Some I shot while she has her daily oil massage and other pictures with her mother , and kept them on a private mode at Flickr.Having shot many kids that I met at Moharam, or even on the steets, the beggar kids, I am quite adept agile in grabbing rare emotions as it comes and goes on their faces .But I am not a childrens photographer per se.
My pictures are a gift of a pictorial divinity , I am sure of this .
I could not shoot the same moment again even if I tried it in earnestness.
I came to Flickr to talk less as a Blog and to share the emulsion of my captured vision as pictures.
I have to say that at Buzznet I was a blogger yakking away non stop, but than Buzznet community was by large emotionally responsive too..and though I have moved away and others too, who migrated like me to Flickr a larger community , we have kept in touch even in our silence.
I was never a poet , but than two stints at Poem Hunter made me write more Poetry less Blogs.. so I became a Poetry Blog.
And Blogs well its catharsis for hurt souls..there are good times bad times..but the blog is a form of scientific holistic healing...we heal each other .. through the computer screen and the touch of our mouse and the keyboard.
We all play act some part as Bloggers, and we are all different but we have a common silken thread that binds us -the Internet Wires...
I am lucky I met some great folks here on the Net , and though we have not met personally we dont let that part of lack of physicality bother us..
Now love on the Internet well thata a crazier chapter and I have far too many episodes in my own life to write an unending book on it off line of course.

Coming back to my grand daughter Marziya Shakir... through her I am rediscovering the lost child hood of my grown up kids, as when they were blessed to us, I was under the stupor of Alcoholism , a self made disease that sooner or later goes out of hand I came through my familys support and have been dry since 7 years.
I gave up drugs mostly the chillum , mandrax long before I took up alcohol..
On the way I saw good friends pass away succumb to alcohol abuse and drugs too.
I also took up Blogging to write about my friends who pre deceased me , friends like Keith Kanga, Hasan Jamadar , Ramesh Alva and many others...
So its a been a very long journey from August 2005 when I set foot as a Blogger ...
And Flickr has been a kind of Homecoming with 15511 pictures since June 10 2007...

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube