Thursday, January 24, 2008

9th Moharam Amin Imambada


9th Moharam Amin Imambada
Originally uploaded by firoze shakir photographerno1

This is harcore dagger matam, wth which you cut open your forehead and your headknown in Shia parlance as KAMAZANI..
The daggers are mostly Indian made , but of late there has been a great fascination for Chinese daggers and short swords.
Habib Nasser and Baqar Nasser use Japanese Ninja machetes.. of permanent carbonised steel...
Some guys use Iranian hand made swords.. Habib cut his back he needed 200 stitches, and Mamu from Byculla I wont tell you more, you will see it in my Ashura in Mumbai set..or I will make another set Ashura at Amin Imambada to make it cogently clear here at my Flickr photostream..What I am posting here is nothing compared to the more wilder stuff that I have on my comp..
And its tough managing over 1500 pictures or more unposted..
And I am not well, my wound on my head healed the next day, but I have caught a severe cold running nose and my vision is blurry..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube