Monday, November 19, 2007

Poetic Humility-Sounds of Silence


Poetic Humility-Sounds of Silence
Originally uploaded by firoze shakir photographerno1

photo courtesy

www.ditshwanelo.org.bw/images/war_and_peace.jpg

Quiet a few poets from my land
Are arrogant conceited poetically pompous
I fail to understand those who clap with just one hand
Comment on their poems or send them a message
They will never thank you but your intentions misunderstand
Yes as Indians some are parochially bland
Clannish distanced as a single band
Some erudite scholars their grammar more atrocious
Yet sound so grand
Some their biographies pomposity fractured by their own hand
Bombastic meanderings out of hand
Some biographies add insult to the readers
Written by a kindergarten hand ignorant fools
To all of us collectively brand
I write this in humility as poetic seriousness
Must go hand in hand
With our errors our mistakes for the better we must expand
Constructive criticism takes the stand
We are human, than poets, feet of clay walking on sand
I don’t talk of style, I don’t talk of content
Basic human courtesy hospitality of my Indian land
Against Racism in Poetry we must take a collective stand..
Respect as a poet is given to us on demand..
The choice to make it happen at our command

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube