Tuesday, October 2, 2007

The Parsis are Angry

Old posts from my homesite
www.photographerno1.com

The peace loving Parsis , the pride of Bandra for their love to all without any communal bias ever , born with the genes of love , they love nature and are good natured themselves .
After the Christians it is the to the Parsis I owe my culmination of being a good man, and with my hooked nose and my Bawa name Firoze ..I am mistaken for one provided I dont wear all my jewlery and fancy clothes.

My childhood close to Patel Agiary at Colaba Bus Depot and my friends Keith Kanga and Rayomand Framroze are the best of the Parsis..and Parsis are great folks.
Later I shifted to Strand Cinema and it was Cusrow Baugh , Swabal Stores and hair cuts at Hygeia, and goan stuff at Kitchenette..
To day much older and wiser I have Parsi friends Mr Dinyar Jameshedji of Noble Paints his sons Shahveer and Ashdeen.. and I could not make it to Ashdeens wedding at Pilot Bunder Afghan Church Agiary because of Samiyas ill health.
I owe my tryst as a fashion stylist to Mr Rusi Karanjia the Father Of Indian Press who told my Dad very confidently dont throw him to the vultures let him live with doves ..
This is to a death wish of Dad wanting me to be a journalist.. when I finished Ssc..at Holy Name High School Colaba.
I stayed near the Tata Agiary and it is the first time I entered its precincts and took permission and spoke to the High Priest of this beautiful community Mr Dinyar Vazifdar .. who along with his congregation is hurt , because of being targetted by the Municipality , the road widening of Hill Road means the Tata Agiarys boundary wall and the portico will go..
On Saturday every community stood and supported the Parsis to fight injustice of a system that spares the rich Baniya class and hits out at the minorities..
And the politicians will take credit in the end..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube