Monday, October 22, 2007

Durga Visarjan/Possessed Lady


Durga Visarjan/Possessed Lady
Originally uploaded by flickr photographerno1

This afternoon I decided to go to Juhu Beach to shoot the Immesion of Goddess Durga and the Garbhis that represent this Godddess of Fecundity..
Here too I was lucky that I did not get hammered , as I spoke Marathi to save my skin.A lady while doing Puja to the Goddess , went into a trance, possessed by the spirit of Kali Mata, I took some three shots when I was threatened as they thought I was a foreigner, I spoke in Marathi and excused myeslf, before the situation went out of hand.The possessed lady was talking in a hoarse voice and was under the control of the Devi within her, after the guy accosted me he said something and just dropped on his head straight on the floor , it was scary I dare not look back.. and moved towards the other end of the main Juhu beach..
I will post the pictures later..

All these pictures I am posting at Flickr , so check out my photo stream..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube