Friday, August 3, 2007

Tantric Photography ..Uncoiling the Serpent

The Dhuni is the Holy Fire.Very similar to the one that you see in my Naga Sadhu pictures.The Dhuni of the Nagas is paying homage to Lord Shiva.Where as the Sufis pay homage to Ahle Bait aand Hazrat Ali.
Like the Nagas the Sufis are also martial artists and do not discriminate when the Nagas come to partake of their spirtuality and hospitality as Fire irrespective of whom you pay homage to is a universal life source.
I have got into a trouble when a dissident Bawa who did not like my picture taking delberately tripped me into the fire , I was wounded on my leg but I mannaged to save myself , accidentaly my feet touched the Holy Flour , it was hell to pay for this desecration..I was excommunicated for a year from this troupe by their Peer Sikandar Wali Shah Baba.It was after his death quite untimely last year that Handi the Bawa standing in black invited me to their Sandal at Makhdoum Shah Baba Mahim..
So this is the flip side of shooting such ritualistic pictures.
The Bawas can cause you much harm penetrating your defensive energy system, cause you to fall sick, stop your camera , this has happened to mr twice with the Nikon D 70.
I paid Rs 10000, in repairs and the next time Rs 3500.I have the receipt and I got it repaired at an authorised Nikon technicians in Mumbai Interfoto.
So perhaps all this to you skeptics might sound overexaggerated or bullshit as you call it , but it has happened to me.I try only posting pictures and talking less .
Shooting Nagas Sufis Hijdas is not as easy as it seems nor the Shias , it is because I cut myself up and am profusely bleeding too that I get away shooting pictures as I do..
Getting hurt with a stray blade losing your eye is another problm , I shoot with a Nikon 20 mm absolutely close orNikon 35-70.
I have a 80/200 Nikon but I hardly use it ..more for long crowd shots in processions.
I believe photography is stealing the soul of a human being making it more real in your picture than as it is in real life.
I believe every picture is destined to be shot..either by you or by someone else .
Pictures never die they live and breathe like microcosms on the soul of the viewers consciousness.
Picture taking is a Tantra form you guys have abbreviated it to a science , for guys like me uneducated and dumb it is a creative holistic force , for me it is a gift that has been nurtured , blessed by my 3 photo gurus and an American photo guru Tom, Do you like it.
For me taking a shot is releasing uncoiling the Serpent hidden in the mechanism of my Camera.. he sees as Shivas third eye is nothing but the omniscient eye perched on the lens like a picture hunter.This is Yogic Kundalini.
All this rant is redundant if as a photographer you do not possess the soul of a Poet..a poet and you dont need to write or read poetry.. buddy you got to feel poetry thats how you read it in picture taking... inbuilt light meter of your poetically pictorial soul.
This is free for Flickr readers ..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube