Monday, July 9, 2007

The Shia Gladiator/ Being Saif

The Kashmiris who come to celebrate Chehlum, are young youth, already scarred with problems back home, instabilty in their lives the search for Peace, everlasting Peace , radicals mushrooming their Hate , cross border terrorism add to the agony.
I am very fond of this Kashmiri contigent wherever I see one even as far as Kolkatta.
We have them in Mumbai , they stay in Yaqoob Gully, a lane touching Bohri Mohalla and Chor Bazar.
The Kashmiris were born beautiful..period.
We had chosen a Kashniri girl for our last unmarried son Saif Shakir , but the girls relatives in Mumbai did not get back to us after a verbal proposal.
Saif wants to get married after Moharam, he says he has waited far too long.So once again my wife will go to Lucknow for the final countdown.
I have also spoken to kindly Nawab Jaffar Mir Abdullah of the scion of the royal Nawab family of Lucknow to help my wife in this regard.The Nawab saab is an impeccably well preserved gentleman , well read, and very fond of me, we met for the first time this year at Ashura in Lucknow.
Actually I am the dreamer of the house I thought of Saifs future wife from Hyderabad , but wife put her foot down , for her the Adab the Tehzeeb and the langauage of Lucknow is something you can only see and get in Lucknow.So this is a Shia mothers mind.
In Mumbai luck has not helped , the Isthikhara , future seen on a Tazbi or by the Mullah always disfavours Saif..
I am writing all this to tell you that life for an eligible Shia bachelor is not hunky dory.
Maybe Saif is not romantically adventurous as I was , he has pickled the best of him for his wife to be...

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube