Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Rebuilding a Dream - Rebuilding Behrampada

I start a new series at Flickr I had shot these pictures about a week back but was unable to post them .

My good friend Ilyas Bhai along with the Behrampada rebuilding committee and MAHADA are reconstructing and rebuilding the homes that were destroyed in the recent fire..

People have faced the fury of the fire the ferocious rains , they live on the street under the skywalk bridge and in makeshift shelters .

Thie task of rebuilding is on a war footing as the Holy month of Ramzan begins in a few days , some will be given keys to their new homes some will have to wait , pictures I shot are of Makrani Gully the worst hit by the fire..

I would have worked on these pictures in B/W but I have no time and things are not OK my end.


The Muslims are a defiant resilient race , by defiant I mean in terms of calamities that strike them , they take it in their stride , and pray to Allah , he is the Provider and they completely depend on him, he opens the doors and Help comes in form of government and individual aid.

It was sad shooting these pictures again , people still sitting on mounds of the cemetery that their houses have become.


Being Muslims is one aspect these are law abiding nation loving Indian citizens ..
They are the same people who removed dead and injured bodies during the Train Serial Bomb Blast at Bandra Station , the Behrampada and the Navpada Muslims.

I hope like all of you that they begin resurrecting their lost hopes and lost dreams.



And I am in tears as I write this as prose that reads on my soul as sad poem of fate and its ugly turn of events in a single night , everything went up in flames.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube