Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Disciple and the Guru

Mr Gautam Sen is a senior photographer , a very humble down to earth person I have tried to emulate since the time I began photo journalism, Gautam Da is a remarkable man, a selfless soul helping guys like me on the streets of photography, he is unlike the modern brat of a new breed of photo journos , who carry conceit , arrogance and attitude , I have met a lot of then , have had skirmishes too..and they hate bloggers like me, for reasons I cannot fathom..all they have is a high end Press Card,,,and high end company sponsored cameras and lenses.

This photo was shot by another humble low profile photographer Fawzan Hussain from Srinagar.


Gautam Da is what dreams are made of ..he is the soul of humility at all times.

I had not seen him since a very long time ..so this was a pleasant meeting indeed

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube