Friday, February 23, 2018

Documenting Sufi Monks of India And A Note on You Tube Trolls





posted at You Tube community tab


I began documenting Sufism from Dargah of Makhdhoom Shah Baba ,,and I chose the Rafaees who sat at the Mahim dhuni as my subject of observation ..

These were Rafaees who sit here every Urus of the Holy Saint and are from Chand Shah Wali Dargah Andheri East.

Their Murshad was late Sikandar Wali baba through him I discovered Haji Malang several other dargahs of Mumbai.

I visited Ajmer Sharif in 2005 thanks to Peersab Fakhru Miya Hujra no 6 I began documenting the Chishtiya Silsila ..I stayed at Peersabs house ..

It was in 2005 I met Syed Masoom Ali Baba Asqan Madari and Syed Rafiq Ali Baba Masoomi I began documenting them too..

I met late Noubat Ali Baba Jalali Malangs at Jalali Chowk Sola Khamba Ajmer I shot him till his death in 2017.


It was in 2011 I took bayt of the Malangs from Syed Masoom Ali Baba with a Belgian photographer and my documentation of the Malangs began  at Ajmer and Makanpur ..

My quest for Sufism was not my quest for spirituality it was the need of my camera and my love for photography ..and my photography was non commercial ... the camera was my main tool of education.. learning showcasing diverse faiths in India living in peace hope and harmony .

As my dress code was very colorful from the beginning being a Bollywood stylist I could easily fit in with the bawas monks etc..

I loved silver jewelry rare holistic sticks and I only wore turbans  it was part of the drama of my life ,..

I must mention and I hope You Tube management takes note that the You Tube trolls without faces or profile are nothing but dangerous cyber bullies who attack your posts because it goes against their own religiosity or narrow mindedness .

If I could I would block commenting here but I moderate the comments most abusive vulgar and inappropriate I simply report and block..so I have the last laugh .. all your hate I dissolve without it ever seeing the light of day.

Whether I am a Shia Sufi its none of your business ..I  live in India and Hinduism is my cultural inheritance and I m a born Indian proud of my country and my roots .

So I hope You Tube makes it mandatory to get rid of these abusers trolls haters bigots ..

Or please close down this community forum.. of goodwill and exchange .


I too can abuse but I wont as it would reflect disgracefully on my parentage and my upbringing..and my seniority and my Indianness .

That is one reason my You Tube comment box has been completely disabled it has no place for your ignorance your lack of etiquette ..and your madrsa type one track mind of hating Shias Sufis and Hindus ..


We seek from God the ability (to have) good manners,*
(For) the one lacking good manners is deprived of the grace of the Lord.
The one lacking good manners doesn't keep himself (in a) foul
(state)alone, But he sets fire to every region (of the world).  Rumi
Show less


I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube