Monday, May 9, 2016

Naga Sadhus Of Juna Akhara Ujjain Kumbh




He was walking naked on the banks of the River Shipra I stopped him shot a few frames that I restricted from public view because of Flickr guidelines against frontal nudity ,, and I took this one shot to tell my story ,,

I did not talk to him at the Kumbh everything people moment move rapidly and because I too was dressed as a Sadhu he had no issue with my shooting him.

My entire wardrobe for shooting the Kumbh was saffron.. during the Shahi Snan and if you are with the Naga Sadhus in the procession the Naga Kotwals police pull you out if you are dressed in white ...

And this was my fourth Kumbh ...I was with my Naga Guru but aware of the Dos and Donts ,, though I was walking with my naked Guru as we headed to the River Shipra,

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube