Skip to main content

Street Photography Is A Mystical Science That Helps You Steal The Soul of Man



 I learnt photography very late in life ,,when I was younger I could not afford a camera ,,and when I could afford a camera I did buy one in Muscat , I was working at Muttrah,, my first Nikon EM in 1982 with lenses etc , but when I returned to Mumbai I was married with a kid and broke so I sold the EM ..I had used it very sparingly ,,

I did not catch the bug when I worked as a stylist cum model co ordinator at Mudra Communications ,,at Court House Dhobi Talao  ,, but I met the cream of photographers and spent the best time with Pablo Bartholomew but even at that time I had no interest in photography, I was busy styling the clothes of Mr Kabir Bedi for Vimal summer and winter campaign that was  to be shot by Pablo but he could not do it so it was assigned to Mr Suresh Seth.. and several years later in the late 90 s I renounced the bottle and finally took up photography ..so I have been shooting pictures since 1998 ,,, blogging since 2005 and ,,after dabbling in all kinds of photography I began to call myself a street photographer , a penniless street photographer , my photography has been a hobby with no commercial gain or profit ,, I am on Flickr the best photography  school since 2007 ,,

It was late Fred Miller on Flickr who told me I was a street photographer ..so all my religious shots processions etc all came under the ambit of street photography...I saw things as a street photographer ,, and I firmly believed you can only shoot what you were destined to shoot ,,

I shoot in color and I miss the analogue experience of film.. but I have no desire to move backwards ,, I prefer BW ,, I hate color ,, personally even my sartorial choice is pristine somber black.

Now to the Naga Sadhu I shot near the Bandra Jain Mandir ,, I have been shooting him since 2009.. he begs at Bandra Hill Road and backlanes of Bandra Bazar Road ,,all these years I have never asked him his name ,,he knows I am a mystic and when I told him my connection to my Naga Guru of Juna Akhara he gives me added respect .. and he was sad though we were both at the Nasik Kumbh Trimbakeshwar 2015 our paths did not cross ..

I give him money , he takes without making demands like the other Naga Sadhus ..who come to our area ,,and I have decided the next time I meet him I will shoot his video.. he is one of the most kindly Sadhus ,,and he knows I am a Muslim but he still treats me equally , .. and he also knows I am from a Sufi order of Malangs ,,and this is Mumbai where a persons religion does not come in the way of brotherhood and peace .

And I just spoke to my street photographer granddaughter Nerjis at her mothers hometown...and wondered if she will remember the lessons I taught her in Unlearning Photography  and  I am happy for once my grandchildren will never need to be part of regressive camera club culture at all.,,I gave them the Gift of the Third Eye Of Shiva that was once given to me by Late KG Maheshwari and late Prof BW Jatkar.. Black and White Jatkar.

Popular posts from this blog

Shah-e-Mardan Sher-e-Yazdan Quwat-e-Parwardigar Lafata Ila Ali La Saif Ila Zulfiqar

Shah-e-Mardan Sher-e-Yazdan Quwat-e-Parwardigar Lafata Ila Ali La Saif Ila Zulfiqar, originally uploaded by firoze shakir photographerno1.


kabhii diivaar hiltii hai, kabhii dar kaaNp jaataa hai
Ali kaa naam sun kar ab bhii Khaibar kaaNp jaataa ha




baGhair hubb-e-Ali mudd’aa nahiiN miltaa
ibaadatoN kaa bhii hargiz silaa nahiiN miltaa
Khudaa ke bandoN suno Ghaur se Khudaa kii qasam
jise Ali nahiiN milte use Khudaa nahiiN miltaa



diid Haider kii ibaadat, hai ye farmaan-e-nabii
hai Ali ruuh-e-nabii, jism-e-nabii, jaan-e-nabii
gul-e-tathiir Ali
haq kii shamshiir Ali
piiroN ke piir Ali

dast-e-ilaa kyuuN na ho sher-e-Khudaa Ali
maqsuud har ataa hai shah-e-laa-fataa Ali
jis tarah ek zaat-e-Muhammad hai be-misaal
paidaa hu’aa na hogaa ko’ii duusraa Ali
“Bedam” yahii to paaNch haiN maqsuud-e-qaaynaat
Khairunnisaa, Hasan, Hussain, Mustafaa, Ali

Haq
Ali Ali Ali
Ali Maula Ali

Ek Shahenshah Ne Banake Yeh Haseen Tajmahal Ham Gareebon Ki Mohabbat Ka Udaya Hai Mazak..

Ek Shahenshah Ne Banake Yeh Haseen Tajmahal Ham Gareebon Ki Mohabbat Ka Udaya Hai Mazak.., a photo by firoze shakir photographerno1 on Flickr. The Taj Mahal is a subject of many Urdu poems and film songs, and much to my surprise, they're not all complimentary.

This is the standard line, from a very beautiful song written by Shakeel Badayuni:

"Ek Shahanshaah Ne Banavaa Ke Hasi.N Taajamahal
Saarii Duniyaa Ko Muhabbat Kii Nishaanii Dii Hai"

(In having the beautiful Taj Mahal built, an emperor has given the whole world a token of love"

Here is Sahir Ludhianvi's take:

Ek shahanshah ne bana ke haseen Taj Mahal, hum garibon ki mohabbat ka hai udaya mazak’

"In building the beautiful Taj Mahal, an emperor has made a joke of the love of us poor ones..."

Dargah of Hazrat Syed Ali Mira Datar Unava Gujrat

Dargah of Hazrat Syed Ali Mira Datar Unava Gujrat, a photo by firoze shakir photographerno1 on Flickr.

HAZRAT SYED ALI MIRA DATAR'S GRANDFATHER(DADA SAAB) HAZRAT SYED ILLMUDDIN( R.A). SYED ILLMUDDIN CAME WITH HIS FATHER MOHHAMED DURAIN( R.A) FROM Bukhara, Uzbekistan to a village of Lukhnow (India). After demise of Ilmuddin's father he came to Ahmadabad of Gujrat where he met Kutbe Alam and that time the king of Ahmedabad was Ahmed Shah. Kutbe Alam was very much pleased on meeting Ilmuddin and he introduced him to King Ahmed Shah who letter recruitted him in his Army at post of Commander in Chief (sipesalar). Ilmuddin was a very pious man. He lead all his companion on the rightfull path of ALLAH the only One.
2) HAZRAT SYED ALI MIRA DATAR'S (R.A) FATHER(WALID SAAB) HAZRAT SYED DOST MOHAMMED( R.A). Dost Mohammed was very bold & brave man master of sword. King Ahmad Shah liked him very much as he also was a succcessfull warrior. He lived at KanpurWADI (AHMEDABAD) where a s…