Saturday, September 12, 2015

The Only Landscape I Shoot Is On The Faces Of The People I Shoot



I live in Mumbai ..I have been living in Mumbai since I was a year old  bundled and bought here by my mom from Old Lucknow ,, Pata Nala Thwai Tola Imliwali Gali ,,

I have not truly seen India as yet ,,and some of the most exotic places in India I saw I never had a camera could not afford one ,, the camera came into my life very late replacing the Old Monk bottle in my shaky hands and funny now with a camera in my hands , my camera does  not shake.

I have seen just a few places in India with the camera as a Shia and as a Sufi exponent .. I saw Kutch Gadshisa Muthi Peer but did not have a camera I was a crazy young kid  scrawny pimplefaced attending a Matka dealers sons wedding during the Emergency..

Now I have a camera and I truly want to shoot India I shoot the Kumbh Mela ,,as I am not employed almost semi retired I cant make that many trips ,, financially not viable so I shoot my first trip like my last trip.. and I shot the Maha Kumbh and the Nasikh Kumbh 2015 ,,

And I shot the faces of India ,, myriad of faces , each one different from the other I shot them in color but a few I am tweaking as BW ,, robbing them of their colorful luster showing them to you in de spirited starkness .. as stark as the poetry of my own soul in ethereal wilderness .. wastelands of my mind and the poetry of my mind ,,

And these are faces I shot at Ramkund and Tapovan in Nasikh.. I hope you like them as much as I liked them ...

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube