Thursday, September 10, 2015

The Magic Of The Maha Kumbh Lasts A Life Time .. Allahabad 2013


















"Kailaasarana Shiva Chandramouli
Phaneendra Maathaa Mukutee Zalaalee
Kaarunya Sindhu Bhava Dukha Haaree
Thujaveena Shambho Maja Kona Taaree"


I was predestined to shoot the Maha Kumbh ,, a call from my Naga Guru Shree Vijay Giri Maharaj Triveni and I left Mumbai on my tattered wings ,,I kept my identity as a Malang intact though my Guru as my protector insisted on naming me Ashok Bhartiya as many Naga Sadhus do not have the kindness understanding of my Guru ,, but with due respect though I adhered to his request I dressed as a Malang most of the time in the midst of the Naga Babas,, I had not carried any saffron clothes this was my first Maha Kumbh ,, I met the Maha Mandleshwars Sabapati and most of the time I was at sector 4 the Juna Akhara .
Our meals were at Swami Kalyan Ananadji 13 Madi my Gurus Maha Mandleshwar .. pure Satvik.. the Naga Sadhu who helped me was Bhagwati Giri , he was unwell but took us by boat on the Sangam and he was one highly connected dude and higly impressed with my Muslim credentials ..he could not believe it at first that I was the disciple of his Guru brother ,, I met a lot of living Sants I was called by Chandraswamiji ,, I met my Tantric Guru Kapoor Khamakya a very powerful man connected to the Order of Khamakya Goddess ..I spent some great time with him.
My Maha Kumbh set has been restricted by me because of total frontal nudity keeping in mind Flickr terms and guidelines... only a Flickr member can access my Maha Kumbh documentary.I shot 5000 images in a few days I shot the Shahi Snan Basant Panchami 15 Feb 2013 and left Allahabad on 16 Feb..
I shot over 5000 images but I could have shot over 15000 images had my Guru left me on the shores of the Ganga on the day of the Shahi Snan but he insisted I leave with him for my safety ,, I did without regrets ..
One thing was certain I did not want to shoot the Maha Kumbh merely as a photographer in pant and shirt from outside the fence .. I became a Sadhu within the soul of a Malang,...
Sadly I missed this spiritual euphoria of the Maha Kumbh at Nasikh,,
My Tantric Guru Kapoor Khamakhya wants me to meet him for the last Shahi Snan.. If I live I will go..the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube