Friday, May 15, 2015

Does Anyone See Pictures Of Poor People Like Us ,, He Said To Me Politely





I meet him every morning when I finish my walk at MET Gardens ,, I normally walk down from home at Bandra Reclamation shooting pictures on my mobile phone ,, earlier I used an Android now I use a Windows phone ..my son got it as a replacement for the faulty disastrous Xiaomi Note from Flipkart for me .

I reach the MET Gardens at 7.30 am walk for about 45 minutes than some free hand at the Municipal park we call Local Gym..

I used to walk a lot about 6 km average now I do about 4 to 5 km.. brisk walk.


When I am heading home I sit and talk to this banana seller migrant from Banaras ... he is counting the days he will go home in June .

I shoot his pictures and he wonders , stupefied , that do people really have time to see pictures of poor people like him than I tell him politely  I shoot pictures for myself..I tell him he has a nice face that etched on his face are multiple  lines  of his hardships sufferings crowned by a smile that is positive and alluring ,, to me mostly .  He thinks I am merely flattering him , but I assure him I am dead serious about my estimation and than he is shocked as I ask him to come home have lunch with me one-day.. home cooked food made by my wife .. I did not tell him that I want my granddaughters Marziya and Nerjis to shoot him too ... there is a dearth of kind faces filled with warmth on the streets ,, Faces on the streets of late have become hard , hopeless and negative ,, and its not just because Acche Din good days have not come after almost an year ,,

So he is a person I end up shooting every morning and next the old Muslim gentleman reading the newspaper outside the Sunni Mosque Bandra Bazar ,I greeted him this morning we meet everyday ,, and I asked him his name , he is Abdul Ahad Bhai, he asked my name I told him ..I told him where I stay and he gave me a nice smile ,,You are also known by the house where you stay ,, I stay in a simple humble abode famous for a political celebrity.

After I move away , I walk through the once Beef Market now Buffalo Meat Market via the Bazar and than I spot the garbage truck I immediately start shooting a video.. I have to shoot the pathetic condition of work of the Bandra Municipal Conservancy staff the bad state of the garbage bins , no wheels, and as  drug addicts drunkards sit her at this garbage dump it is a real eyesore .

There are people who cant bear the stench , these guys light a fire in the bins ,so one of the bins is totally burnt out ,,and Bandra Municipality cant afford good aesthetic bins colorfully painted , or safety shoes masks gloves for their conservancy staff,,I must be the only crazy guy in Bandra shooting them ..so every garbage truck that sees me waves out to me ,, they watch my videos on You Tube . I hope the Bada Saabs of Bandra Municipality watch it too..

So this is a typically Happy Morning for me ...in Bandra .

I miss my grandkids all three on vacation...


I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube