Tuesday, February 10, 2015

The Mahim Landmark..The Only Church of Miracles




These are an entire lot of street shots ,, I shot them on Canon  7 D a camera with a vertical grip newly serviced that I hardly use , as I mostly shoot on the Canon 60D .

And I always shoot St Michael Church when I pass by in a bus or cab ..here I was in the bus so the framing is tough from the window of the bus ..but it works for me as a blogger I tell my own tale .I am surprised the places I shoot I have never walked there , always taken in vehicular motion..

And I shot this on 4 Feb and there is another lot on the same memory card I shot today while going to Dadar.

There is not much street options unless there is a protest or a feast of perhaps elections ..but I kill time I need to shoot pictures or use my archive or tweak pictures via Aviary and poeticize a moment already dead and gone.

And strange it may seem I know which image to add text make it conversational or which image to poeticize.

And this is my new lot ..

St Michael Chuch Mahim is the most iconic church in Mumbai famous for its Wednesday Novena and  Miracles and the Budh Bazar meaning Wednesday street bazar on the pavement on the side of the Church leading to Mori Road and in front of the Church leading till Paradise Cinema .

Huge crowds mostly burkha clad Muslim-women who just love to shop , it is a infectious disease this shopping and it is huge at Kurla Market too..they will buy every shit thing possible lace , odd and ends fabric jeans children s garish frocks horrible breakable toys , typical Miya decorations , plastic flowers , wall clocks sandals golden shoes , anything and everything and I pity their husbands ..who are not even aware returning tired from work eating and going to sleep.

Mahim has a large Muslim population so the business is great for the street hawkers who pay hafta or protection money to the cops and the municipal goons .. everybody knows it but who the fuck cares ..Paisa Phek Tamasha Dekh..

And during the Uris time and the Mahim Mela the crowds are humongous every Muslim from Mumbara and other areas like Kalyan comes to Mahim Mela and the organizers keep shouting on the mike about lost children ,,It goes like this Reshma about 4 years old  fair long hair crying asking for her parents is here with us whoever is her rightful parent please collect her fro the Mela Offce ,, than another announcement while the mother father are on a Rollercoater ride with two kids the third kid Shahid was found crying with a ice gola he is wearing a red shorts blue tshirt and white shoes ..please .come and collect him fast or we will be dying here soon we cant bear the smell of his shit and he has urinated on the announcers trouser ,  and humor is everywhere you cant miss it its been years I stopped going to Mahim Mela I got lost every time ,,  and they stopped announcing about me as my wife refused to collect me from the Mela office ., luckily the last time I did not shit and pee ...

Optional Title ,, Your Wife Is Fragile Slow Down.. Lol

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube