Thursday, February 19, 2015

The Dabbawalas Bandra Station




This morning I came for some work at the Bandra Slaughter House slums from Carter Road by 211 bus  I had got off at Bandra Station ..

And I decided to shoot the Dabbawalas I had a long chat with them and after several pictures on my mobile phone I shot a video too.

And the Dabbawalas are the true humble icon of Amchi Mumbai totally dedicated to their work.. here it takes them one and a half hour to collect the tiffins that one set of Dabbawalas bring on the trains and hands it over to the Dabbawalas of Bandra from where it will be distributed on cycles ,

The tiffins close to offices near the station are carried in a cluster on their shoulders .

I shot a lot than headed to the winding lanes of  Shastri Nagar and entered the Slaughter House slums for some work.

And here in the Slaughter House slums the AmAdmi Parts posters with Mr Phiroze Palkivala and Mr Arvind Kejriwal greeted me  at two places ,, I shot them both..

And this is my 1000 blog on the Dabbawalas of Mumbai.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube