Saturday, August 30, 2014

The Shias Of Chennai A Documentary of Pain On Ashura Day At 1000 Lights Mosque




I am a photoblogger , a chronicler of my Faith and your Faith too, as God gave me a Gift I use it to showcase the diverse faith rituals customs in India. Without preachifying I become one with the Faith I shoot ..the Camera has one Religion the only Religion the Religion of Truth as Humanity .

Every man follows the religion of his birth or his choice , what maybe good for you may not be good for him , but yet as Indians we live together despite our religious identities , by hurting one mans religion you hurt the sanctity of India ..as a Mother holds everyone in the Cradle of Hope .

I am posting this Ashura series in Black and white as blood shocks and repulses so in a way I am posting a very important document of the Shia faith on the saddest day of his Life the Martyrdom Memory on 10 Ashura the Tamil Shias call it Shahadat day.

I shot this entire series including the huge procession on 7 Moharam , Ag Matam at Jigedevi Tamilnadu.

I came to Chennai without any contacts but Hussain connects and I met  Meesaq Ali his friends and above all Dr Abbas and it is because of their support , I could cover all this.
I moderated this set at Flickr you have to be a Flickr member to see it , it is restricted from public view because of graphic pictures of blood and children kamazni ,,

Here I must make a point , on Ashura day Hindu women have their new born babies marked with the dagger for good health and better future , a tiny cut is made with the dagger on the childs head.

The Shias of Chennai are very hospitable , simple folks even the richest among the Shia of Chennai is touched by the austerity humility of Hussain ..

I am revisiting and adding new thought to my archived photo set all part of a larger set Shiasm in India over 58000 images shot all over India .

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube