Wednesday, August 13, 2014

If Everybody Shoots Beautiful Things Who Will Shoot Beggars



We all see life differently through the prism of our consciousness some love to shoot lovely things and there is nothing to be critical about what they like and why they shoot only that .
I dont sell my pictures photography is not my profession and it is a poetic hobby , and I am less photography more blog.

I am a senior citizen I have seen life inside out I am a vessel that accumulates pain filters it through the camera and than shares it across the Internet ..I am not rich I shoot with a simple camera  both my cameras are gifts from a patron saint ,, he wanted me to shoot his people and I do.

These are pictures I shot in 2010 during the Ajmer Urus and this was shot when I walked barefeer up the Taragah mountains to visit a Holy Shrine ..and this rugged path is littered with sharp edged rocks and beggars .. beggars you will never see elsewhere .. I am tweaking my old color shots as BW via Aviary editing tool adding fresh poetry of Life .

This guy is a human dog , and his life is neither man nor dog.. he walks up and down the mountain path begging..I had an interesting conversation with him.. He asked me what I would do with his picture .. I told him I wanted to show the rest of the world his story of pain..

All he said was Kisko Time Hasi Sahab  which means who has time to listen to a beggars story.I did not say a word , I handed him a bunch of notes and moved away.. but he said something when I gave him the money ,, Why Dont you buy a pair of slippers my feet were bleeding ,, I told him I was a beggar too like him,, we begged differently .

Ajmer once a year during the Urus for me is not just a spiritual trek but a catharsis I refuel I cleanse the morbidity of my slowly dying soul.

I am not a photographer .
I am not a skilled poet
I am not a organized writer

I am the shadow of my eternal pain.. If God gave me a lot of money I paid off my friends creditors I would die of gluttony ..why do I need more money.. I will be leaving everything behind ,, like this beggar walking on four legs towards the tragic end of my deleted dreams.

This series of Taragadh images still grows on me ,,

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube