Saturday, August 16, 2014

Bandra The Aging Queen Of The Suburbs



I visit the Bandra slums and a guy narrated an incident to me , he stays in the Bandra Slaughter slums close to the Bandra Station a sprawling Muslim dominated slums ,they were getting water very erratically so I am told a few seniors appealed to a local politician , he was rude and highly offensive he told them what do you want me to do piddle in the pipes .. the slum dwellers walked away but they are adamant that this time they will teach him and his party a lesson that they will remember .

And if you come to Bandra Bazar Road you can count the potholes , the bad roads , the disintegrating Bandra Bazar market that does not even has a ladies loo for the Kolis who sell fish here .

Just hoisting the national Flag distributing cheap pedas is not going to get them votes ..yeh bar public Eda nahi banewali hai.

The Am Admi party parachuted Mr Phiroze Palkiwala , who had no standing in Bandra , just visiting a few slums uploading a few You Tube videos is not enough.. and where is Mr Phiroze Palkivala .. why was a Bandraite or a local given a chance or was there some political understanding to defeat the Congress by dividing the votes and letting the BJP candidate win by a thumping majority I think only God knows the Truth .. With all my respect for Mr Mayank Gandhi I think the Am Admi Party made a big fool of all of us .. I wont forget  or forgive.

I was broke but I was desperately trying to go shoot the Mahabharat between Mr Kejriwal and Modiji luckily I did not go.. it was nothing but Don Quixote fighting the Windmills with Sanchez fighting a losing battle in Amethi.

I am apolitical but I do vote and try to shoot the Mad Dance of Democracy.. where a few are given the opportunity to make Fools of an entire majority ,,

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube