Friday, January 24, 2014

Masoom Ali Baba The Greatest Rafaee From Mumbai



I have known Masoom Ali Baba for several years almost from the time I started documenting the Rafaee Chancawalli Order of Mumbai..however his greatness , his power I came to know at Makhanpur at the Holy Shrine of Zinda Madar Shah Baba the head of the Madariya Order ..of Dam Madar monks or Malangs..

Masoom Ali Baba is a Rafaee but is affiliated to the Malangs and Qalandaris , he is a great exponent of Zarb or acts of sword piercing and body piercing..you can see his prowess his display at my Dam Madar Set of ZindaMadar Shah Urus ..

Masoom Ali Baba and his band of Rafaees Qalandaris Malangs carry the Standard from Kalliar Sharif Hardwar by foot to Delhi Nizamuddin Shah Dargah and from there again by foot till Ajmer Sharif to the Urus of Khwajah MOinuddin Chishty or fondly called Khwajah Garib Nawaz.

My friend Marc has walked with them from Delhi to Ajmer ,, I have not done this grueling spiritual trek.

Masoom Ali Baba is in the picture with his sons of whom he is very proud.. and I shot this last year at Char Yar Jalali Chowk Ajmer Urus.

This year I dont know whether I will make it .. He Calls I Go..
Yeh Toh Khwajah Karam Hai..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube