Friday, November 8, 2013

Moharam In Hussain Tekri Jaorah

This was my second visit and I was pretty broke those days business was down my friend Ali Reza Shirazi paid for my ticket and took me along with him , and these pictures and the entire series I owe to him..

I have not visited Jaorah after that , but Chehlum in Hussain Tekri is a unique experience there are replicas of the Holy Shrines of the Infallibles , there is a Roza of almost all the revered Saints..

All are crowded be it the roza of Bibi Fatima , Bibi Zainab, Bibi Sakina Hazrar Abbas Imam Hussain and Hazrat Al..

The Chehlum in Hussain Tekri happens a day earlier so the Mumbai Shias rush back in time to catch up the Chehlum in Mumbai too.

Jaorah Hussain Tekri is a holistic healing place for the possessed , lost souls , that is another segment I shot including Chabuk Sharif..

There is a Ag Ka Matam where the Shia Khoja organizers dont allow you to shoot pictures I stopped .. entering here .. though I have walked on fire here the first time..

But there is another Ag Ka Matam at the Punjabi Imambada , and here the Azadari of the Kashmi Shias stands out for its pain and emotional intensity .

The Kashmiri Shias do memorable Tatbir and I cut my head Kama Zani with them.,,,It was seeing ther Matam that I had though to shoot their Moharam in Srinagar or Jammu.. but it has not happened yet..

What I have shot till date is the wishes of Bibi .. she leads me to collect the tears and I do it through the humility of my camera ,,

I have of course , of late completely stopped shooting Moharam in Mumbai due to the hooliganism , ruffian-ism that I encountered while shooting Moharam with bigots among my own community ,, I dont sell my pictures , I dont share my pictures , and none of the guys that have bullied me have ever fed a member of my family ..or my familys needs so why should they dictate terms to my mourning or my documentation beats me still.

I shoot Moharam in distant cities among genuine lovers of Imam Hussain..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube