Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Jinhe naaz hai photography par vo kahan hai Kahan hai, kahan hai, kahan hai

My Street Photography Is Inspired By Dickens Balzac And Dostoevsky

I read Dickens ..I read the same books after I finished reading them Great Expectations made some relevant sense , and David Copperfield ,, those images characters are now replaying as I take my street shots ,, for many years I was hooked to Comedie Humaine Balzac.. and Dostoevsky Prince Idiot ... so I recapture those streets characters I encounter in real life..

For me street photography has played the greatest influence at camera club level they would say.. First Does It Make Money.. Next What The Fuck is Street Photography,,,

Club level photography has yet to change its stinking diapers help on to a safety pin for a long time, same images same look and same depressing degeneration of life and times,,,the same great masters calling the shots ... and less said the better ,,,

I am happy teaching my grand children the Art Of Unlearning Camera Club level photography, the shameless copying of old masters that makes Mr Unwala Mr Bhardwaj Mr AL Syed and others .. squirm in their graves.

Even the creative lot tends to bring back that imagery and it is a faltering failing exercise .. I chose the break away path and I am happy .. I love my school but I dont want to go sit on the back benches all over again..I survived being stamped as 3 R ... no more .. for the uninitiated 3 R means rejected by 3 professor looking judges at Camera Club salon judging..

And what I write is what I saw felt experienced I still get camera club newsletter so I know what shit is being churned out.. newness is dead at camera club level photography..

I write this so when the new generation of photographers take over the reins from old trembling hands they will at least shoot straight into the heart of a new tomorrow.

And these words just came I dont grope for them in the dark..photography has to come back from the dark ages of camera club level gloom and despair ,, the same outings the same scenario,umbrella .. upside down pot shots and the mother breast feeding her child to the ugly camera stare..

Jinhe Naaz Hai Photography Par Woh Kahan Ha

Ye purpech galiyan, ye badnaam bazaar

Ye gumnaam raahi, ye sikkhon ki jhankaar

Ye ismat ke saude, ye sanso ki taqraar


Zaraa mulk ke photographeron ko bulalvo

Ye tasviren ye galiyan ye manzhar dikhavo

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube