Saturday, September 28, 2013

Marziya Shakir Saw The World Of Beggars Through My Camera

she
wondered
quizzically
why i shot
what i shot
no sunsets
sunrise flowers
chubby kids
scenic spots
it was beggars
the homeless
street urchins
gender benders
i shot somewhat
the crumbling
edifice of human
pain the rot
i shot dying hope
on a bandra plot
groveling begging
pleading posturing
where they squat
my grand daughter
without a camera
captured their lot
than when i handed
her my camera she
began to shoot
exactly what i shot
carried it forward
to the dot..duplicating
my original thought
adding lines of
alignment to street
pain that i had forgot
she shot humanly
not like a trained
robot..humble
no not at all a
hotshot..my
lucky mascot
marziya shakir
3 year old
untaught

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube