Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Dr Reza Masoudi Nejad at My House



Dr Reza Masoudi Nejad is an architect and urban morphologist; he received his Ph.D. in Urban Regional Planning from The Bartlett, University College London. His main research area is urban transformation with a specific interest in the interaction between society and space through rituals. He has carried out research on Muharram processions in Iran and India. After completing his Ph.D., Dr Masoudi Nejad was a research fellow at the Max Planck Institute (MPI-MMG) for two years and recently joined SOAS as a Research Associate.


Dr Reza Masoudi visited my house and it was in connection with Moharam he wanted to shoot on his next visit ,, and when he did visit and shot Moharam I was in Hyderabad ,,

Dr Reza Masoudi endeared himself to the Iranian community in Mumbai and people remember him till today , they inquire about him at at Imamwada and Moghul Masjid Iranian mosque .

Its been a long time now and we are connected via Flickr ,,so in a way I met some great photographers through Flickr , humble folks and momentously nostalgic memories .

Photography has helped me gain some of the people as friends , Dr Glenn Losack is an extension of my family and wants to shoot Moharam in Lucknow or Hyderabad

I met Kim Viola Danish photographers but sadly they dont respond to my emails .. but I have good memories of their time here with me.

The man who really took the fishing village Worli gaon by storm was Jean Marc Gargantiel my very dear friend he shot their Holi and they wont ever forget him.. Kolis have memories like elephants ,,,

There are many photographers I hope to see in Mumbai and one of them is my friend Akbar Simonese the finest street photographer , Randall Der and Tom Andrews .. Linda Schaefer is coming to shoot Shirdi Ke Saibaba ...

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube