Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The Devotees of Meeran Sab Ki Dargah Taragadh Ajmer



Once the devotees of Khwajah Garib Nawaz finish offering their tributes to the greatest Holy Saint of India .. The Messiah of the Poor And The Needy, they visit other places close to the Dargah Sharif..Char Yar where the Malanga and Rafaees have their asthana , lots of Qawaaki and kaif.. than Moti Katla vegetable market to see the hijras of India in their most beautiful avatar , one of the greatest followers of Khwajah Moinuddin Chishty their Protector and Patron Saint.
The hijras offer meals to the poor at the langar a lot of dance and qawwali...

After that it is the magnificent ruins of Dhai Dinn Ka Jhopda.. and from here through a winding road across the police chowky and the butcher shops is the path that takes the devotees to Taragadh, various Holy Shrines , the most famous of course the Holy Shrine of Bibi Jamal Bangali Baba and the quintessential Graves of the Hijra Saint and his biological son..

And finally the Taragadh Fort and the famous Gondi Tree of Progeny the food touted as manna for barren women and the Dargah of Meeran Saab..

Taragadh has a very significant Shia Sufi influence ..lot of Azadari Matam Majlis during Moharam and Imambadas too.

This year I did not go up to Taragadh.

The other famous place a shrt drive by bus or cab is Pushkar , the Hebrew Indo enclave of India with Hebrew as second most used language..lots of temples ghats and the iconic Pushkar Brahma Temple.

Both Hindus Muslims even the transgender come here for sightseeing and religios rituals.

I am not a travel blog , but this is in short a summary of spiritual enlightenment.

I stay at the House of Peersaab Fakhru Miya Hujra No6 my host guide and mentor , a great believer of Ahle Bayt and Pursadar of Imam Hussain..he has kept me in his house for several years , given me food shelter , even paid for my return journey when I was broke never charged me a dime .. he cosiders me family , he is a healer and famous in Ilm..
Most of the year he preaches the teachings of Imam Hussain at Bangla Desh and propagates Chishtiya thought of Sufism.

His sons Farid Miya Qambar Miya are his two main pillars of Hujra No 6.

On my part I am mostly at Char Yar cemetery with my Dam Madar Malang brothers all dressed n black with dread heads , and our head of this famous Sufi Order of Hazrat Zinda Madar is Peersaab Syed Masoom Ali Madariya Asqan of Gwalior , because of them I visited the Urus of Zinda Shah Madar at Makanpur near Bhillaur Kanpur.

And these are old images shot in color edited via Aviary as BW and reposted as a new thought with a new direction and hope.

Photography is Nothing..Simply Mind Over Matter and Thoughts Spread And Scatter ..to the former via the latter ...

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube