Monday, May 27, 2013

Marriamman Feast Madras Wadi Worli 2013


This evening I was invited by Shanmukhnanada and Sundar of Madras Wadi Worli to their annual Marriammen Feast ..

I arrived at Worli Seaface at 5 pm, it was absolutely hot and humid , I waited for them to come , instead they sent a guy and I arrived at Madras Wadi shot the Marriammen Temple , and their poster had my pictures to gracing their feast ..

I shot the slums the Worli gutter and than again came back with them to Worli Seaface at 7 pm.. the cheek piercings with rods .and the inserting of the hooks in the back of the devotees .

This time there were several cranes with devotees hanging from hooks, guys pulling tempos cars , bikes coconut carts with hooks in their backs.

But the highlight of this feast was Shanmukhnanda Sundar and two other devotees with hooks in the back pulling a tourist bus.

I shot all this till 11 pm , than walked back to the temple to shoot the removal of the rods and the hooks ..

This is one feast of the Hindu Tamils I try not to miss but I only go when I am invited ..

This is my new series at Flickr.com..

The guy in the picture had 3 rods one in the cheek, one in the back and the other in the chest,, I was lucky to shoot the removal all three rods at Madras Wadi Marriammen Temple .

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube