Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Goddess Marriamen And The Hindu Tamils Of Mumbai



Goddess Marriammen is one of the most powerful , Hindu deity of the Tamil diaspora all over the world..she provides and she protects .

She is the Goddess of Plenty and also the Goddess Of Fertility .
Her temples are spread all over Mumbai and the world she is now now worshiped by other Hindus too .

I have been documenting the Marriammen Feast at Juhu , Mahim Fishermen Colony, and if invited at Sion Koliwada or Madraswadi at Worli gaon.

However thanks to my friends and the Temple priests of Juhu and Mahim I shoot this event without giving it a miss .

The feast starts with goats poultry sacrificed to the Goddess Marriammen...

This is a very intense feast , graphic so please use your discretion.. I shoot culture , customs rituals that have been part of the Indian ethos..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube