Tuesday, January 8, 2013

I Enter Talkatora Burial Grounds Chehlum Lucknow 2013


I continue with my documentary on the Shia ethos of a religious moment.. Chehlum 40 Day Martyrdom of Imam Hussain celebrated all over the world.. as a profound journey .. of pain we call Ghame Hussain.

In Lucknow the procession reaches Talkatora and enters the Roza I did not go here because it was totally crowded I shot from the burial grounds faded memories of some pages of my Lucknow birthright ..

My uncle Jhumman used to bring me here barefeet when I was a child making me walk the entire distance carrying the Tazia on my head during Ashura.. that I spent here with my mom and grand mother Nazmi Begum..

I am a street photographer my vision of what I shoot is of a limited boxed in nature ...I dont preachify , I dont proselytize I document life and once again I reiterate my images are shot keeping my non Muslim foreigner friends in mind giving them a view of our life and life beyond.

I am an incorrigible photo blogger I love blood I love knives I love blades cutting heads backs .. and I wont stop shooting it .. this is my call this is the genre of my photography .. I cannot shoot with your limitations or your personal bias . ..

Posting abusive comments or your opinion on my pictures wont change what I want to shoot .. and one thing is true even Shias are product of their parentage and surroundings I document every aspect of life as it unfolds in front of me while I am shooting a procession..I shoot what is part of my journey..

I am happy to delete friends on Facebook when they start rapping my knuckles or call Matam Haram.. Fuck You..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube