Saturday, November 17, 2012

I Is a Great Feelin To Know People From Diverse Faith Are Shooting Moharam And Spreading The Message of Hussain As Humanity

In the ladies section shooting all this is Viola my friend from Denmark... and the raised camera belongs to Hyder Mirza from Bangalore , he shot Moharam events and with his tiny frame he was almost everywhere .

I was standing on the edge of a platform somebody holding the waist of my shalwar so I dont slip down.. and it is very tough shooting Moharam events , the Shia community sadly does no see the importance of Media and some dont take kindly to photographers even veterans like me who are Shias .

And I dont understand, this stance today with Facebook Twitter and other social networking sites Moharam gets its pride of place as local media only remembers Moharam on Ashura with one or two pictures .

There is no coverage of Moharam at all..say a coverage from 1st to 10 Moharam so I as a a blogger in humility shot what I could , staying at Bandra without transport it is tough going to town everyday, besides I am not a majlis hopper at all.

I listen to Nohas and thus rekindle the fountain of my pain.

From the eve of 7 Moharam I would take my foreigner friends to shoot Kaisar Bagh , the scourging s and kama matam.

This Ashura I do not want to do in Mumbai I have yet not decided will sit in a chalu dabba and move out to any destination maybe Hyderabad .. Srinagar seems a million miles away I have no contacts no friends and only Mullahs are invited by Anjumans not bloggers like me who shoot all religion .. there is narrow mindedness in my community too I dont blame them I come from different background and surroundings.

I told my foreigner friends I wont be in Mumbai so Dr Glenn is coming in Jan hopefully ..

And these are blank posts I am adding my angst.. my wife does her Moharam in the bower of Karbala and she deserves it .. she saves every dime to make it happen.. I am a Malang I wait to see my Karbala that unfolds in India itself.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube