Monday, November 12, 2012

I Got Mail From A Dickhead On Flickr.Com.. He Wants To Know Why I Shoot What I Shoot

251,883 items / 2,067,831 views

Subject: Photos
Date: 11th November, 2012

I have been following your pics of poor in flickr from quite a long time and I am not a fan of ur pics ..... Are you doing this just to ruin India's image internationally coz flickr is an international website OR are you really doing something good to that poor people by giving some money to them occasionally through this photos ?...... You show those people as ultra poor and your friends and relatives as super rich (normally with a background of bungalow or any high end gadget in hand) and this looks very biased to me. ..... Also you write as "many poor and slums are demolished under this tall building" or similar to this when you rarely take some pictures of tall buildings and for your information that is how a poor city/country will become a rich and that is how china is now inching towards developed country. I dont know what type of person you are you dont want the poor at the same time you dont want the rich also ........ Do you know how much this will effect on economy of India.... it will hit tourism in a bad way and results in lesser FDI and foreigners laugh at us(indians) saying poor, dirty and all..... There are many good things to show in Mumbai and i hope you will point your camera to those beautiful structures of Mumbai as well :)


My reply

I told him he was more interested in Tourism and not interested in who created these problems I also asked him to go Fuck himself as I was shooting with my mind my eyes my camera my time and not his.

I have no money to go shoot monuments and wildlife and the Himalaya range and they are certainly not my genre of photography.. my photography is not to intimidate but throw light on the dark areas that others dont shoot wont shoot.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube