Thursday, October 25, 2012

I Have Just Returned Shooting The Durga Visarjan Juhu 2012

This picture was shot by Sagar Bekal at Bombay Durgabari Durga Puja and I have a lot more to upload in this series .

Than I have to upload pictures shot last evening of Ramkrishna Mission Durga Puja , North Bombay Mukerjee family Durga Puja and the last one DN Nagar Durga puja ,, also shot along with my Facebook friend Sagar Bekal.

This evening at about 6 pm I left barefeet for shooting the Durga Visarjan , I prefer Juhu to Dadar or Chowpatty as it is part of my mental and poetic angst ,, I know everybody on the beach , the beggars the vendors the lifeguards and the tourist photographers.

I enter Juhu beach from the narrow lane near the Vakil bungalow shoot the Kali temple on the beach and walk all the way till the food courts where the big Durga visarjan happens.

I shot Kandivili, Andheri east , Thakurli,Mahakali caves Bengali Durgas and as luck would have it I met Samrat Mukerjee , Subir Mukerjee and Debu Mukerjee and so shot the North Bombay Durga Visarjan , Anurag Basu was not there his camera man brother Abhijit was there ..

I ventured in the waters and shot a lot of Durgas I have showered , having my black tea and blogging..now I am in a dilemma should I continue with my pandal shoot pictures or post the Visarjan.
I think I will put the pandals on hold and post the Visarjan instead a very long series I shot for almost 4 hours I think.

My leg is still in bad shape will have to go to the bone setter again...

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube