Thursday, September 13, 2012

The Sufi Bawa of Versova And Me


A few days back while returning from Worli I dropped in to see my friend Sakib who stays opposite the Mahim Dargah, and we were meeting after a very long gap..

I love coming here and if you guys have a milk tooth than you should try the kheer or firni of a guy famously known as Haji Sab Doodhwala, I hate milk but he serves badam pista hot milk.. and I was terribly hungry so the milk killed my hunger.

I try not to eat anything outside , I took a parcel of 8 katoris in clay of the kheer , my rand kids love it .. than I spotted this bearded bawa I asked someont to call him , we spoke for sometime he knows my Peer Syed Masoomi Baba Dam Madar .. he was happy to know that I too am a Dam Madar Malang.

I gave him some money for him to take a cab back to Versova..

Anas another friend shot the picture .. I was tired too and this place Mahim Dargah food gully refreshes me I love shooting beggars here ..because of Sakib no one messes with me .. you have beggar bullies too guys who stand in the shadows protecting blind beggars and sharing the loot too.

Most of the people know me here because I shoot the Urus and Sakibs sandal with the Siddi band from Junagadh is very famous.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube