Friday, July 6, 2012

Mother Maria and Daughter Mary of Boran Road Bandra


This is the first time I shot mother daughter both beggars together , Maria my muse and Mary her daughter, Maria begs at Boran Road, Mary begs in the backlane of Bandra Bazar Road.

Mary has two teenage children both being educated in a children s home ..I have spoken to Mary first time told her that I shoot her mothers pictures so people will know of her pain , I gave them money, Maria asked me for children clothes , new sarees and I told her I would do something soon.

So what is their story why did they convert from Hinduism to Christianity ..

The needed a healing touch they found it in Jesus .. I think this is the essence of their life.

The Church added two new heads to their count .. but wait they are still begging .living below the poverty line ...

Montek Singh Ahluwalia, the deputy chairman of the Planning Commission, should meet them ..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube