Saturday, June 2, 2012

The Thread of Faith


One of the largest selling item found around peoples neck and hands is the holy thread that the devotee will buy and take home for his friends family and relatives .. this thread is blessed at the Tomb of the Holy Saint and handed over to the devotees.

Next is the white sweet that along with dried petals that were placed on the Tomb gain spirtual significance , items he takes back home for good luck and to ward of evil..

Most of the shopkeepers near the Dargah know me very well I hae been shooting them showcasing one of the greatest holy sites of India during the Urus of Holy Saint Khwajah Garib Nawaz of Ajmer also known as Hazrat Moinuddin Chishty al Sabri.

This is my second card of 4 GB I shot at Ajmer all on 27 May 2012.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube