Friday, May 18, 2012

Bass Interviews Me For An Australian News Network Show


232,412 items / 1,955,517 views


I got a message a day after I had shot the Marriamman Feast the rod piercings ..

Hi Firoze
My name is Bass Dickson, Im an independent documentary film maker from Australia working for a news network from Australia. Im here in Mumbai for three weeks, capturing your amazing city. I am amazed by your work,it is stunning - truly!!! and am contacting you in regards to asking for a possible interview with you for an Australian news network about your work. Is there a mobile number I can reach you on if you are interested??? I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you.

So I called Bass over to my house , and had a great opportunity to talk to him about my street photography beggars hijras, he missed my 4 year old street photographer grand daughter Marziya Shakir.

Before we did the Interview Bass had lunch with me wife had made steaming hot spicy fried Promfrets , hand made chapattis dal and rice ..

Bass finished the entire fish he just loved it , the dal and rice he enjoyed , we talked on camera at home than I took him out on the streets of Bandra Bazar I was barefeet .so we jumped a ricksha too Turner Road to catch up with the beggar hijras but the were missing he shot extensively and than we met the contorted dwarf beggar , I sat on the kerb whil Bass shot us both... he is busy with the IPL so he had to catch a train to Pune .

Australians are great people hospitable kind understanding, Bass was a great ambassador of Peace..he said it hurt him too when racist attacks took place on Indian students down under but he was hopeful all this will change and I am hopeful too .. what has color of our skin got to do with our being Human..

But we have to be human first to live as one in this peacpul global village that has bought us closer through Facebook Google+ Twitter Pinterest and above all Flickr .. it was my hijra pictures that ade him search for me and tell my story to his people ..

And I feel sad that now none can see my hijra pictures poetry and blogs because of one woman called Nirma on Flickr who stole my hijra pictures and as yet has not removed them from her photostream., nor is she apologetic about her thievery and her brashness defiance beats me ..

You want my pictures message me and I would do the needful humanly why steal when you can ask..

So Thank you Bass for adding your Australian goodness to my house ..it added a new luster to our friendship.

Our pictures were shot on the Canon EOS 7D by my wife..Mrs Photographerno1

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube