Friday, April 6, 2012

I Come To Sacred Heart Church To Shoot Good Friday 14 Stations of the Cross

228,299 items / 1,912,601 views

Every year I come in humility , barefeet dressed as a beggar poet , and shoot Good Friday, and this morning at 5 am I sent a message to Joe Dias founder of the Cross that holds this event ,that I was coming to shoot the Lenten Walk and this is their silver jubilee year he told me..

25 glorious years of touching the soul of humanity, the Lenten walk is memorable walk with Jesus Christ and his loved ones his followers , from Sacred Heart Church Santa Cruz West to Santa Cruz East Kalina Vakola upto St Charles Church Vakola different venues where the 14 Stations of the Cross are enacted , I came here on an empty stomach like the rest of the Christians ,,, children mothers fathers old folks rosaries in hand reciting Our Father or the Angelus ..very sad sombre moment of dedication devotion hymns and prayers.

Last year I had fainted as I am a diabetic but I drank less fluid but ate sweets to control my sugar levels ..

The first Station of the Cross was enacted at Sacred Heart Church, Joe Dias Rev Fr Aguiar leading from the front and the volunteers of the cross the actors and the rest of an able team..

I shoot this event and this time I had a deadline I had to rush back to work , earlier I was my own boss now I work for someone else ..

I shot extensively , and when my feet began to burn badly I placed my stole beneath my feet , and the volunteers allowed me to sit on their work truck thereby helping me complete my Lenten walk and shoot pictures comfortably.


Allan played Jesus Christ and his dad I think now has become a pro in shooting pictures from strategic positions, Bonny my friend was there helping me.

And this is my new set at Flickr.com , I shall not bore you with unnecessary text being a street photographer I shot the 14 Stations of the Cross but I also shot Hanumanji at a nearby temple walking with Jesus as the Hindu brethren celebrate Hanuman Jayanti today and the Shias celebrate the Martyrdom of Bibi Fatima Princess Fatima beloved daughter of the Holy Prophet wife of Imam Ali and mother of Hassan and Hussain..

So I wore black clothes signifying my pain.. too.as a Shia Hindu.

I walked from 10 am till 4.30 pm .. barefeet

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube