Saturday, April 7, 2012

The Beggar Poet of Mumbai..On a Journey of Peace Hope Humanity


This picture was shot by a Guru of the Press Satish Malavade of Times group, though I dont read Times or Mumbai Mirror or Bombay Times..

I chose DNA and Hindustan time as wholesome papers for my family.

Every year I come and walk with my Christian friends give support to their spirituality, and become one with them..I got my schooling at Holy Name High School , the only school that has the stamp of peace of the First Lady of America and the President .,,the school they chose to share their humanity and love for the people of India.

I come from a humble school, it gave me education , but also taught me humility respect for other faiths and made me a good Muslim..

I joined this school in 1963 prior to that I was in a Baptist School Private European School Colaba ..I had English teachers who inculcated some very good things too.

So the Christian faith has been a bulwark , has been a guiding force and so now at the age of 59 I give back to the Church and to the Christian faith , as a photographer poet , the bounty of my own faith as a Indian born Shia Muslim..I document their Christian ethos their contribution to my life society and this is one of the most peaceful community , their members persecuted in Pakistan and in my own country too by hardcore fundamentalists I understand persecution as I come from a persecuted race , we too like our Christian brethren face the fury of a Misplaced Jihad on Humanity.. And I condemn this persecution this progrom this selected ethnic cleansing by a manic group who call themselves Muslims.. Muslims that more than anything love to lustfully slaughter Muslims be it Shias Hazaras or Sufis.. I distance myself from such thought ideology and hence I call myself a Shia Hindu, proud of my Shia ancestry and my cultural inheritance as an Indian.

I shoot all faith become one with the faith I shoot

And I feel sorry for those people who paste hate comments on my posterior for only being a Muslim , so I have to reiterate I am not just a Muslim but also a citizen of the World.. a World that is also my Google+backyard.

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube