Thursday, December 8, 2011

Viola From Denmark..Shoots Moharam in Mumbai

Viola from Denmark...

She is the pride culture humility of her country, as a photo journalist she ventured in an arena that needs more guts and daring, she and her friend Kim shot Moharam in Mumbai barefeet paying respect tribute and salutations to the Martyrs of Karbala.. the burning sun , the burning tar roads did not bother her she wanted to document the Shia story of pain and show it through her eyes to the world , just Ashura she shot 5000 photos and you must visit their Flickr photostream..

At my house she came head covered endeared herself to my family my children and my daughter Samiya.

They came as friends and are now my extended family..

Their words to me last night

You're surrounded with people who love you dearly. I can see why. So many stories to tell. I just wish we could tell them all before they wash away. Like tears in the rain.

After shooting Kaisar Bagh 6 Moharam they sent me this message

kimdorff has sent you a message on Flickr.
Subject: Re: Thoughts at dusk
Date: 2nd December, 2011

Firoze, my friend - it is Viola and I who are deeply honored to bear witness to such a holy happening as the Muharram. The world near to hear your story, understand your pain.

Yesterday was without a doubt one of the most intense and moving experiences of my 35 year long life, and continuing to enjoy the company of one humble Shia blogger like you - and now also an intense India loving American Dr Glenn Losack MD - is something I hold dearly.

Love and our thoughts,
Viola and Kim

Their Flickr photostream

www.flickr.com/photos/69647004@N06/sets/72157628314910395/

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube