Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Viola From Demark Shoots The Eid e Ghadeer Juloos Dongri

Viola is a very pretty young lady, she has been to India and is street savvy too, here she was very confident shooting the crowds at Eid e Ghadeer ,as she told me later this was the most disciplined crowd , well mannered , I told her the Shia community has special respect for woman specially those that come here as our guests too shoot our culture and in this case our memorable feast day called Eid e Ghadeer..

She was mesmerized by the hospitality of the elders the Shia youth and their coming to Eid e Ghadeer happened as I mentioned to them , and they said they would take this precious footage to add to the documentary they are doing as a short film on Mumbai people rituals street life ..

And ironically they contacted me through Flickr.com as they had come to shoot Laxmi Narayan Tripathi and the hijra culture, we became friends and they are regular visitors to my house as they stay in Bandra too..

They leave at the end of the month but are in two minds they want to shoot Moharam Ashura in Mumbai too..

After the shoot they came home wife served them chiken tikka hot tea and biscuits that revived them some bit..

My wife also gave Viola a Shia book on Islam..so that she knows the essence of the Shia community their beliefs faith and the power of Ghame Hussain.,

They were very fascinated with the Imambada in my house with silver alams almost 80 years old.. that my grand mother Khurshed Baji had left with a family in Lucknow to give to my wife and when my grand mother died the family could not trace us and after almost 33 years my wife got the alams all pure silver as her heirloom and heritage..

Vola and Kim Hansen are eagerly waiting for my grand child Marziya Shakir 4 year old worlds youngest street photographer who has shot almost all the celebrity photographers that have visited our house , Marziya shoots on the Nikon D80..is on Flickr Google+ and Twitter .. her Guru is Dr Glenn Losack from Manhattan New York. .. she has shot the zanjir matam last year of the Almeida Park juloos..

Marziya and her sister Nerjis Asif Shakir are in Lucknow for the Eid e Ghadeer function there ..expected in a few days.

So some happy memories of Mumbai will be part of this lovable couple from Denmark..

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube