Thursday, November 10, 2011

Moharam In Mumbai

210,335 items / 1,738,570 views

I have shot Shiasm extensively as a documentary as a photo journalist blog , I shot the Shia pain known as Ghame Hussain. I show you the intricacies of Shia mourning, without glorifying the blood and gore.

Basically I shot all this to showcase Shiasm as a story board for my friends abroad, non Muslims non Shias, as they were perplexed shocked when I cut my head scourged my back or walked on fire during Ag Ka Matam.

Being a blogger since 2005 and I began shooting Moharam a few years back I too was understanding my ancestry.. I had kept away from congregational Shiasm for quite some time..I had never ever given up my Faith in Hussain or Ahle Bayt but I was away from Mumbai and all this when I began shooting it through me back into time as a child .. nostalgia memories of Moharam in Mumbai and Lucknow .

All my Shia pictures posts originate at Flickr.com , housed in a set and a collection , so I thought of showcasing it for a larger Shia audience by placing them here just a few samplers at this new site Shah Ast Hussain.. Blogspot .

My earlier site at WordPress by the same name was hacked several times , and even at Buzznet I simply gave up, and this is my attempt to give a new lease on my Shia images ..that I am also propmting through a Google+ page Shiasm in India.

Moharam is only a two weeks away, I will be shooting it in Mumbai, normally I shoot Ashura in other cities of India , this time it wont be possible as my dear friend Dr Glenn Losack MD from Manhattan New York is coming to shoot Ashura with me , he is well known and highly resected among the Shias of Imamwada and Kurla. He shot Chehlum in 2008..

A few friends from Chennai too are coming down to Mumbai and these guys really helped me a lot when I shot Moharam in Chennai 2010..



Mumbai Moharam I am sure will one day will bring hordes of Shias to Amchi Mumbai..our beloved city of love and peace..

Moharam in Mumbai is not the same as Lucknow or Hyderabad but because it is city of a large peaceful Shia population and Shia migrants the favor of Azadari is unique and worth seeing ..


shahasthussain.blogspot.com/2011/11/moharam-in-mumbai_879...

I am on Flickr Instagram You Tube